Classification: Lipotropic – compound that breaks down fats
- Slim is a specialized lipotropic compound with Choline, Methionine, Inositol and L-carnitine to catalyze the breakdown of fat during metabolism in the body, which can be used for general weight loss.
Mechanism of Action / Benefits:
- Choline is a major lipotrope that specifically targets lipid deposits (fat deposits) throughout the body, especially the liver, and mobilizes the fat allowing our bodies to more readily consume them and use as energy.
- Carnitine is an amino acid that transports long chain fatty acids into the mitochondria “powerhouse” of our cells so they can be oxidized (used) to produce energy. Given these characteristics Carnitine is concentrated in our skeletal and cardiac muscles that utilize fatty acids as dietary fuel.
- Methionine is a principle supplier of sulfur which prevents disorders of the hair, skin and nails. It helps lower cholesterol levels by increasing the liver’s production of lecithin and reduces liver fat. Research currently underway to explore Methionine’s function as a powerful antioxidant.
- Inositol intake improves lipid metabolism by lowering visceral fat, hepatic lipid accumulation and increasing insulin secretion as well as increasing adiponectin concentration which is a crucial hormone for regulating blood glucose levels and fatty acid breakdown. A meta-analysis of 14 randomized controlled trials demonstrated that Inositol supplementation significantly decreased triglyceride, total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein (LDL or “bad cholesterol”) levels.
B12 is included in this injection because of its effect on mood by playing a vital role in synthesis and metabolism of serotonin, a neurotransmitter responsible for regulating mood, and is the same neurotransmitter affected by anti-depressant medications. Also aids in energy production at the cellular level by converting dietary energy into adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which is the basic form of energy our cells use in a series of complex chemical reactions.
- This increase in energy at the cellular level contributes to fuel for aerobic metabolism and improves an individual’s endurance and strength with their daily routine or exercise regimen.
Potential Side Effects:
Disclaimer: Ingredients subject to change based on vendor availability, shipping and provider judgment.